Have been having muscle spasms, fingers and toes. Spasms are painless and is normal within few second. Suggest?

I've been having frequent muscle spasms, fingers and toes. The spasms are painless and return to normal within a few seconds. I do not need advice. I just want to know my most likely concern. Thank you.
Posted Sat, 10 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 2 hours later

I am dr XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to address your concern.

Based from the information it seem that you are having spasms for fingers and toes and they are painless but return back to normal in few seconds.

The condition is cause mostly due to lack of calcium in blood, and will be fixed by taking dairy products like milk on regular basis.

If you are taking milk on the regular basis then you need your parathyroid hormone level checked to see if their some thing wrong.

Most of the time simply taking high calcium diet will fix the problem.

Hope it what your asked for, I did not gave you any advice, just the cause and way to fix it.

Thanks for the query sir. And feel free to contact me in case of further concerns.