Have been fatigued and achy. Biopsy on breast showed inflamed tissue. Suggest?

Radiologist
Question
I have been fatigued and all achey for a month now. Just had a biopsy done on my breast. No cancer but I have inflamed tissue in my breast. No one can tell me what the inflammation means?
Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
needs answer to few questions.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
I would like to know few things before explaining inflammation.
You have aches all over body but biopsy done at breast. Is there a mass or lump in breast? Do you have fever? Is there family history of breast cancer? Have you done any blood tests.?
We will discuss your query in details after follow up answers.
Looking forward for your response.

Regards.

Follow-up: Have been fatigued and achy. Biopsy on breast showed inflamed tissue. Suggest? 48 hours later
They say there is an inflammation no cancer mom and both grandmothers had breast cancer. Had blood drawn this morning

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
inflammation is body defence.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, welcome back.
There is positive family history of breast cancer. I think they have done biopsy as to rule out any possible remote chance of malignancy.
Inflammation is bodies defensive response to any kind of injury or infection. There are many cells in body which fights against foreign insulting organism or cause. Cells gather at site of injury. This collective process is calles as inflammation.
It usually rule out chances of cancer. So no need to worry. I would like to advice please consult your doctor again and ask for any treatment if clinically indicated.
Sorry for inconvenience but you have to check your mail settings or contact customer care for mail delivery.

Hopefully I have answered your query.

Regards.

Follow-up: Have been fatigued and achy. Biopsy on breast showed inflamed tissue. Suggest? 7 hours later
Thank you. I have been to my family physician for bloodvwork

Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
hope for the best

Detailed Answer:
Hello, thanks a lot.
I think your blood work will be normal.
Hope for the best.

Regards.