Have bald head and less donor hair on back and sides. Is there any way to go for hair transplant?

Dermatologist
Question
I have bald head and I would like go with hair transplantation surgery but I have less donor hair on my back/sides, so is there any way I can go with this hair transplant?
Posted Tue, 6 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 30 hours later

Welcome to healthcare magic.

Hair transplantation can be done using body hair as donor site using follicle unit extraction. This is more time consuming and little more costlier.

Hope this helped.

I will be happy to answer any further queries you have.

Follow-up: Have bald head and less donor hair on back and sides. Is there any way to go for hair transplant? 12 hours later
Thanks for your response.
May I know the pricing for normal head hair grafting on bald spots and for the body hair grafting on bald spots and hair transplant how many days it will take to look like a normal hair.

Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 3 hours later
Welcome back.

Pricing of hair transplantation varies from clinic to clinic. It also depends on the number of follicles transplanted and how much of the scalp has to be covered. Only a face to face consultation with the transplant surgeon will give you the approximate pricing. Usually in India it can range from 1 lakh to 4-5 lakhs.

It usually takes 6 months to see a normal looking scalp.
Hope I have answered your query.