Have bad cramping and mid cycle clots, no cysts. Had unprotected sex. Is it implantation bleeding?

Hi I am a 26 year old mother of 2. I got what I thought was my period on April 13th, I had unprotected sex on April 4th then on April 21st and April 25th. With my period I have bad cramping and small clots and I am always regular and not on birth control. I recently started spotting on the 25th with a rusty brown color of blood, not enough to use a pad, on the 26th it was a light pink color and a very small amount and today it was dark red then turned to a light brown. I do not have any cysts or mid cycle spotting normally as I am regular and every test I have taken was negative. I'm wondering if this is implantation bleeding or something else. Also I did experience this with my last pregnancy.
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 40 minutes later
You had spotting on day 12 of your period which is least likely to be due to an implantation bleeding. Usually implantation happens 7-10 days after ovulation.
Since you have a very regular periods, ovulation is expected around day 14 of the cycle.
Spotting and bleeding on day 12, 13 and 14 could be due to an aggressive intercourse you had on 25th April, any mixed vaginal infection, a mild hormonal imbalance or an ovulation spotting( again a rare possibility).
If there is no pain or burning micturition associated with it, then infection is less likely.
You need to self monitor yourself and let this spotting subside spontaneously. To rule out the implantation bleeding, you can get your serum Beat HCG levels evaluated under the guidance of your gynecologist.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.