Have back pain, chest congestion, headache, hoarseness and laryngitis. What is the problem?

I am a 56 year old woman. Its been a few days now and not getting better.... My symptoms are severe upper back pain, chest and nasal congestion, head congestion and ache, hoarseness, laryngitis, and just miserable. What do I have, and what can I do to feel better?
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 47 minutes later
Dear friend, welcome and thanks for entrusting your query here at Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

Your description is hinting at a lung infection / pneumonia.
But I would request for more description for a definite answer.

Do you have cough, expectoration, fever, breathlessness?
Do you have nauseas, vomiting?
Does it hurt when you breath in deep?
Do you have any other ailments and on any medicines?

It may be pleuritic pain of pneumonia (due to lung coverings rubbing against the inflamed lung).

You should get evaluated by your physician, do a hemogram, Xray chest, sputum examination (if any) and would need antibiotics, decongestants, pain killers, steam etc.

Till then you can take steam inhalations at home, take acetaminophen (500mg) for pain upto 4 times a day.

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily. I would be glad to answer any further queries. Please ask for any clarifications before closing and rating this query.

Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck! Thank you!!