Have attention deficit disorder. Taking adderal. Is phentermine is a controlled substance?

My question is phentermine a controlled substance? Also I'm Attention deficit. I'm 54 and am now taking Adderal - helps a lot, but it's generic and seems to wear off quickly. Does the brand metabolise slower than some of the cheaper generics. My doctor is accusing me off going thru it too quickly, he's pondering on stopping the med. Love having a very clear mind with single thoughts and focus. Can I order Adderal through an on-line doctor?
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in ADHD
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 3 hours later
Hello And thank you for sending your question.

Regarding these two medications both phentermine and Adderall are controlled substances. These are medications which need to be managed by a physician who you see regularly in person. There is no website or online pharmacy which would ever dispense these medications legally.

Phentermine and adderall May have long-term side effects which need to be carefully monitored. You should discuss this with your physician in detail. There may be potential alternative medications that your doctor might want to consider. Again this is something you need to discuss with him.

Thanks again for sending your question. Again these are medications which are carefully controlled and monitored by the government. If you have any additional concerns please let me know.

Dr Galamaga