Have applied podowart on genitals for warts. Penis is swollen and hurts. Cannot walk or sleep. Suggest?

Dermatologist
Question
Hi I have apply podowart on my genitals, since the wart surround the whole penis on the tip of my pennis skin I hav applied to all the warts...on my 3rd apply my pennis starts swollen....and it really hurts....I cant even clean the wound....the swollen covered all of it and it really heart dat I can even walk or sleep properly.....what will I do??
Posted Sun, 21 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 39 minutes later
I would like to know whether you applied podowart daily.
If yes, you have done a big mistake, It should be applied once a week and that too only by an expert.

It causes severe necrosis of tissue.
you need treatment with oral steroids and antibiotics.
Please XXXXXXX a dermatologist as soon as possible, if dermatologist is not available XXXXXXX a surgeon.
They will try to retract skin and apply medication.
Leaving it as such may cause scarring.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you.

Follow-up: Have applied podowart on genitals for warts. Penis is swollen and hurts. Cannot walk or sleep. Suggest? 19 hours later
Due to my apply of podowart the swollen become hard and I cant do anything, it pains inside. I also wanted to know that my scrotum contract and even when I touch or even my thigh touches it, I feels like it burns, is dis the effect of my pennis treatment?? What are the solutions

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Thanks for the follow up.
Yes the burning is due to podowart only. It causes necrosis of cells so wherever it touches it will cause burning.
You need treatment with steroids and pharmacist will not give you steroids without prescription. So please XXXXXXX a doctor. Let me know if you have any other doubt.
Thank you

Follow-up: Have applied podowart on genitals for warts. Penis is swollen and hurts. Cannot walk or sleep. Suggest? 4 hours later
I have a check up for vdrl test and was found negative, how did I get the wart is it virus or infection from my partner. Also I didnt apply podowart on my scrotum or testicle area y is it burning so much and contract so much, I can see that the skin of my scrotum is very dry. Can u please help me out again

yes wart is a viral infection.
It can be transmitted sexually from your partner.
You have not applied on scrotum but the fluid from penis with podowart must have touched your scrotum and hence the itch.
Apply oint fluticasone also take tab avil daily . This will give you relief but my sincere advice is that you please XXXXXXX a doctor. He can see and tell exactly whats happening. Let me know if you have any other doubt.
Thank you