Have anxiety, depression, and panic. Developed pain in muscles and nerve inflammation. Found renal cancer. Guide?

I have anxiety, depression, and panic the medications that I was taking were working fine until I had a extreme panic attack with fight or flight response that brought on extreme anger. My medications were increased by 3X I could not sleep more than 1 hour during the day, I was sweating, shaking, urinating a weird yellow color. I also developed side pain and right side muscle spasms that caused nerve tension and nerve inflammation on my right side, this caused nerve entrapment. Back about 18 years ago my right side sympathetic nerve chain was removed as noted the parietal chain pleura was incised from level of T4 down to T11, resected along the vertebral body down to the diaphragmatic hiatus, this was done for nerve pain back then. I have been reading about the sympathetic nerves activating the adrenal and hormones like epinephrine, catecholamines, norepinephrine are released from your system when this happens, with the right side sympathetic nerves removes what would this cause? I was found to have clear cell renal carcinoma on my left kidney only the side with the sympathetic nerves still in place. This was found because I had a nerve release surgery on my right side that got extremely infected, the infection had to be cut out to heal by granuloma. They cut a big hole in my right side and you could see my ribs and it had to heal on its own, now my nerve is a problem again. The kidney cancer was a shock to me could my system being in extreme panic and fight or flight for about 3 weeks caused the kidney damage only to the right side and the surgery infection ?
Posted Fri, 19 Jul 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sandhya Manorenj 10 hours later

Thank for writing in.

I understand your concern.

From your query I learn that you have anxiety, depression and panic attacks, with extreme anger, had previous R) sided pain secondary to nerve compression for which you have underwent dorsal sympathectomy which took time to heal and had infection at wound site, during its evaluation, incidentally it was noted that you have L) renal cell carcinoma , now since 3 weeks you have R) sided neuralgic pain and stressed out, feels that R) kidney also damaged .

Your symptoms of shaking, sweating, urinating ,anxiety, panic attacks, extreme anger is suggestive of sympathetic hyperactivity.I feel this has occurred because of stress and shock of detection of renal cell carcinoma (RCC) in left kidney.

You should understand that only 9% of RCC present with the classical triad of flank pain, hematuria, and palpable abdominal mass, rest all are incidentally detected while investigating some other symptoms.Surgery is the only known treatment modality that may offer long-term cure.

I would be able to help you better if I know details regarding renal cell carcinoma, staging ,whether surgery for L) kidney has been done? Do You have any adrenal insufficiency symptoms (which is seen in renal cell carcinoma) like hypotension, increased thirst, feeling of consuming salts, tiredness,weight loss, diarhea, nausea , vomiting?

For neuralgic pains R) half you can have pregabalin or gabapentin with vitamin B supplements.Require further evaluation and examination under the team of doctors Neurologist, oncologist, nephrologist and psychiatrist.You may require MRI of dorsal spine also.

It is unlikely to have R) kidney damage and infection at prior surgery site secondary to stress, extreme panic attacks. CT scan abdomen will help to confirm same

Don't worry everything is treatable.In your case team of doctors are needed to help you for quick recovery