Have an enlarged spleen, enlarged liver. Having headache and night sweats. Is this related to cancer?

Hi there, I have an enlarged spleen of 16cm with a splenic cyst and also an enlarged liver. I was hospitalised last week for severe headaches and night sweats. All of blood work has come back normal and they sent me home hoping it was just a viral infection. The headaches have since stopped and the night sweats have eased some. Will the spleen and liver return to normal size on their own or is it possible that cancer could still be an isssue.
Posted Thu, 1 Nov 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
You are expected to recover from the viral syndrome in the coming days, ensure balance diet and good bed rest. Get a review with your local physician 3 weeks later.
Please get a repeat ultrasound abdomen at that time to measure the respective sizes and the size of cyst.
Cysts are silent growths and are not cancers. Spleen is as such a rare site for cancers so that should not be a major concern.
Next time you should also get a CBC, RFT, LFT and viral markers for Hepatitis A,B,C,E to get more specific insight into the problem.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have any follow up queries or doubts, you can forward them for me, and I shall be glad to help you.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.