Have air borne contact dermatitis. Taking Techzine. Looking for a total solution as it leaves marks

Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
Hi, My name is AAAAA,55 yrs old ,fit,.I am suffering from Air Borne Contact Dermatitis (ABCD),.It normally comes on my face ,during every season change,on the forehead nose ,and nowhere else in the body,but sometimes on my fingers. After consulting My dermatologist from 2009 onwards,he prescribes 1 NO.Techzine Tab in the night ( for 10 days) and a couple of creams for protection,.Although it does help, and after 10 days, it disappears ,yet once tabs are stopped ,it reoccurs,. Homeopathy only aggrevates,i tried that also,. I am looking for a Total solution to this problem ,because it leaves marks on the face,and re occurs once techzine is stopped ,there is heavy discomfort and itching,.I do not have any sugar or any other problem,.
Last night the entire face had rashes and swelling above eye lids and itching,.Kept washing my face with plain water ,which gave some relief,.Now,is there any other effective anti histamine,by which ,it doesnot affect my BP or any other,?
Posted Thu, 20 Sep 2012 in Skin Rash

Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 3 hours later
Hello
ABCD is mostly due to parthenium plant.
You have been managed in the right track.
You have to wear full sleeves, full pants with shoes which will prevent the pollen from contacting your skin.
still for face you can use barrier creams like zinc oxide.
if the rash is very severe you can use mild corticosteroids like desonide or hydro cortisone.
Anti histamines will help to relieve your symptoms like itching.
If you are not better with cetrizine then we have newer anti histamines like ebastine etc.,
dermatitis can only be relieved by steroid drugs only. It produces lot of side effects also. So it has to be used by the advice of a doctor only.
incidentally there was also an interesting study from India to show that ABCD can also occur due to drying clothes outside if outside environment has parthenium plants in the vicinity.
In bangalore many years ago it was proved that parthenium can be destroyed by sprinkling soap water.
you may try one of these and to your surprise you may also succeed.
Wish you all the bests
hope you will recover
Prasad PVS

Follow-up: Have air borne contact dermatitis. Taking Techzine. Looking for a total solution as it leaves marks 4 hours later
Dear Sir,

Many thanks,. Can you please recommend a good Dermatologist in Bangalore ,who has expertise in treating ABCD,.

Best regards,

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 5 hours later
Pl XXXXXXX Dr. Sacchidanand, Professor and Head, Department of dermatology, Bangalore medical college
Ph;0000
thanks
Prasad PVS

Follow-up: Have air borne contact dermatitis. Taking Techzine. Looking for a total solution as it leaves marks 9 hours later
Thanks very much ,sir,.

Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 25 hours later
You are welcome.

If you have no other follow-up queries, please close this discussion. Any reviews are appreciated.

Best Regards