Have acidity, heart burn, burning sensation in foodpipe. Which antacid would be safe?

Since the last few days I am suffering from acidity, heartburn and feeling burning sensation in the food channel. I am planning for pregnancy. Can you please suggest which antacids are safe to take in this situation?
Previously I used to take Rantac, Omez and Eno in case of acidity and similar problems. Whether these are safe to take if I am planning for pregnancy?
Posted Sat, 25 Aug 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.
There are limited data regarding the safety of antacids during pregnancy.However there are few antacids which have been approved by US Food  and Drug Administration( FDA ) pregnancy category B ( no demonstrated risk )
  These are as follows.
Tagamet HB (Cimetidine)
Pepcid AC (Famotidine)
Zantac 75 (Ranitidine)
TUMS (calcium carbonate)

these can be used before and during your pregnancy.

I think I have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck