Have acid indigestion and vomit clear liquids. What to do?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
8TO 10 HOURS AFTER EATING I VOMIT CLEAR LIQUID. PRIOR TO VOMITTING I SUFFER FROM ACID INDIGESTION.
Posted Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Take medicine and follow diet Detailed Answer: Hello. Ihave studied your case. There is possibility of aggravation of hyperacidity. I will advise to start antacids [proton pump inhibitors like] rabeprazole -D twice a day. Sucralfate will protect gastric mucosa and will give protective covering. There can be possibility associated gastric infection if you are having fever? Or diarrhoea? Try to maintain body fluid by increasing fluid intake, take easily digestible food. If not recovered then you need to consult your treating doctor. You need to investigate for your weight loss. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.