Have accidentally swallowed small piece of plastic. What to do?

I think i swallows a small piece of plastic from a plastic cup it was i think sharp not sure what do i do?
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 51 minutes later
Brief Answer: Do not worry. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to health care magic. I can understand your concern. Most of the objects the smaller ones which are not digested and not sharp are excreted in the stool. So do not worry. The sharp ones may some times cause problems. Get yourself examined by your doctor. He may ask for a X ray if required. It is a emergency if you have pain abdomen, repeated vomiting, dark colored stool or blood in the vomit. Continue to ask further queries as required. Hope this helps. Take care. Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty M.D.(Pediatrics) Associate Professor of Pediatrics