Have a strong unpleasant gases and bowel movement. Should I be concerned?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Last month two about once a week, usually lasts all day, I have a strong unpleasant gases and stool 2-3 times that day. Stool is harder in the beginning but later softened. Also we are in the last month of two stool that appeared as if it "blows up" at the start and then it is normal. Until this summer, I have for the last year and a half ago was a vegan, but I was forced by circumstances to begin to eat the meat, cheese, etc.. Is it possible that this is the cause? Today I still have gas and stool in the morning 2 times I felt that he could still in the toilet, but I refrained because I had a feeling that exhausts me all day because I had a weakness .. Another symptom. I went to urinate 1 to 2 times per hour all day and did not He brought too much fluid? Last few years and have an infectious inflammation of the prostate, which does not cure me and that usually occurs in the winter ..
cause for concern?
Posted Fri, 12 Oct 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 59 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
Change in food habits can have asignificant effect on stool habits.
Yes change from vegetarian to non veg can have a adverse effect on motions.
I would suggest the following.
1. Consume plenty of water that is at least 2 litres per day.
2. Ensure proper amount of fiber by way of vegetables and fresh fruits per day.
3. Regular exercise for at least 45 minutes per day.
4. Stool softners for only aweek to regularize the bowel movements.
5. Avoid constipating fast foods.
6. Probiotics like buttermilk or yogurt will help in digestion.
7. For prostatic infection a course of antibiotics and regular ejaculations to reduce the congestion will be helpful.
I hope my advice helps you in relieving your digestive problems.
If you still have queries please write back to me.
With regards