Have a stomach bug , rash around neck. Related ?

I have a stomach bug and now I have a rash around my neck. Is this a concern? Am I contagious? I am planning to go back to work tomorrow
Posted Tue, 21 May 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 1 hour later
Thanks for your question.
All rashes can be potentially contagious. It is recommended that you see a physician before going to work. If you have other symptoms along with the rash like flu & fever then you are more likely to be suffering from an infectious disease, otherwise rash can also be present in allergic disorders.
If any other person in your family or living around you is suffering from similar problem then it also increases the significance of rash & there are more chances of it to be contageous.
Hope I have given you some helpful clues. Please write back if you have any other question.
Wish you good health.