Have a scab near hairline on scalp. It is flat and brownish. Suggest some cure

i have a scab near ny hairline on my scalp. Not uncomfortable but is visible under the hair. I am 49 and have no diagnosed health problems. i dont take any medication.The scab has been around for several months but apears to have become a bit bigger. Its not growing continuously and is flat and brownish.
Posted Fri, 26 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 1 hour later
Thanks for your query to XXXXXXX A scab on scalp can arise as a result of folliculitis that is bacterial infection , XXXXXXX capitis that is a fungal infection , psoriasis , seborrhoiec dermatitis. I would be in a better position to answer your query if u could send a couple of photographs.
Dr Rohit Batra