Have a red rash with white little bumps behind ears. Looking for cure

ENT Specialist
Hello I have a red rash with white little bumps behind both my ears! It doesn't itch but it is warm! Not really burning but it just feels warm behind my ears!
Posted Mon, 12 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 27 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

1. It would help if you could share a close up image of the rash.

2. You should consult an ENT Specialist who can examine the ear canal, ear drum and a Skin Specialist who can rule out Herpes Zoster, allergy, eczema, contact seborrhoeic dermatitis, measles, heat rash and fungal infection.

3. The redness and warmth is a sign of inflammation or active infection.

4. Do you wear spectacles (glasses)? Do you wear any ear jewellery? Have you used any new, soap, shampoo,hair oil, cosmetic recently? Do you have any Scalp infection or dandruff? Is it a heat rash?

5. A course of antibiotics, anti-allergics , anti inflammatory agents and local combination creams sch as Betnovate GM will help clear up any local infection

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.