Have a red itchy rash on knee. Should I be concerned?

Jul 2012

I have a red ichy rash on my knee. I had it replaced 30 days ago. Rash appeared yesterday, about the size of a half dollar, red, raised, itchy. Is this something i can watch for a couple of days or should i seek care now
Posted Sat, 24 Nov 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 2 hours later
Hi there.
Yes you can watch & wait.
However in the interim, please apply a cream containing hydrocortisone & fusidic acid twice/daily & it should clear off in 48-72 hrs. If not, then one needs to visit a dermatologist. Cheers & Good Luck!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist
Bangalore, India
Follow-up: Have a red itchy rash on knee. Should I be concerned? 2 hours later
This is nothing I need to be concerned with in relation to the knee replacement>?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 4 hours later
Nope I dont think it has anything to do with it...have seen a few with similar issues & all resolved & were most likely allergic contact dermatitis lesions. I think you have nothing to worry abut. Godspeed!
Dr Rodrigues