Have a large mole on buttocks. Noticed strange, itchy rash on neck and face. Related?

Mole getting biggerHelp...I have a rather large mole on my buttocks. since moving into my boyfriends house he has stated that it has grown since being here. that's been only 2 months! it itches sometimes, but nothing serious. now the back of my ear looks like I have some kind of burn. I don't use tanning beds so its not a sun burn, nor do I color my hair or bleach it, so that's couldn't be the problem recently I noticed a strange looking rash on my neck and face, it's itches hurts and skin is painful to touch...what's going on here plz help me
Posted Tue, 25 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
A sudden increase in the size of the mole is worrisome and needs medical attention. It needs to be investigated and then removed under the guidance of your dermatologist.
The rash on your neck and face could be due to Erythema multiforme, Dermatitis- due to skin infection, allergy, dry skin- Xerosis or Heat rash.
A direct examination by a dermatologist is the best way to get it diagnosed.
Most simple rashes improve with gentle skin care and avoiding irritating substances. You can help the improvement by applying 1% hydrocortisone ointment over the affected area.
Avoid sun exposure as much as possible. Wear sun screen to reduce the harmful effect of UV rays on the skin which can aggravate the danger of mole turning malignant. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables to ensure good supply of vitamins and minerals for skin and antioxidant effect as well. Drink plenty of water.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.