Have a blackish greenish hard spot the size of a pea on pubic region. What is this?

General Surgeon
I'm a male and I have a blackish greenish hard spot the size of a pea on my pubic region. Its almost scab like.
Posted Tue, 7 May 2013 in Skin Cancer
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 16 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

It is very hard to give exact answer not seeing it so a photo would make it much easier.
If this spot is there for a long time and has not changed shape, size, no redness around it, most likely this is a benign skin lesion. If this spot has changed color, size, started to pain or redness has appeared, it should be removed and send to histopathology.
The best way with such lesions is to visit dermatologist who is able with special microscope (dermatoscope) tell either this is something you should worry about or not.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.