Have a beckers nevus over shoulders. Will it be safe to put a tattoo on it?

My names XXXXXXX and i have a beckers nevus that covers almost all of my right pectoral and covers a bit of of my shoulder. Would it be safe to get this covered with a tattoo?
Posted Fri, 21 Dec 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

Becker's nevus is considered a benign lesion, treatment is generally not necessary except for cosmetic purposes. Shaving or trimming can be effective in removing unwanted hair, while laser hair removal may offer a longer-lasting solution. Different types of laser treatments may also be effective in elimination or reduction of hyperpigmentation, though the results of laser treatments for both hair and pigment reduction appear to be highly variable.

Many people put tattoo over backers nevus, based on the information provided on the internet many people say that they have put the tattoos over the site. I advice you to consult the physician and also a tattoo artist, qualified one or who has some experience in placing the tattoos over such sites.

Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.