Have UTI which fully doesnt got recovered. Can I take ciplox?
User rating for this question
Hi I have UTI from last 1 yr but it doesnt got fully recovered. Can I take ciplox tz on my own?
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please do not take antibiotic on your own. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Generally it is not reasonable to treat uti without medical consult. Please note that your urine may be infected by bacteria resistant to ciprofloxacine (ciplox). In such case antibiotic usage may only make your uti worse (killing ciprox sensitive bacteria and leaving resistant will cause increased level of antibiotic resistant bacteria). That is why I suggest you to have urine culture test. This will determine which bacteria is causing your symptoms and which antibiotic will be most effective. You should also increase mineral water intake and start cranberries supplementation. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
People also viewed
- Which medicines can one take for uti
- Does oxylite with empty stomach cause flu like symptoms
- What is this orange and brown spotting
- Suffering from piles normal bleeding and pain during motion
- Psychosomatic abdominal pain
- How to increase the hemoglobin rate
- Viroptic ophthalmic solution
- Constantly passing urine
- Col'r'tab alpha series
- Severe gastric trouble after taking ciplox tz
- I am suffering from dizziness and nausea
- I got a uti after taking naproxen
- Ciplox and clarithromycin
- Usages of ciplox
- Cervical epidural space