Have PCOD. Trying to conceive. Unsuccessful IVM. What are the other options?

Question
Hello.
we are married since 5 years and from past 3 years trying for a baby. Im have PCOD and even in 2010 I underwent IVM as well which was unsuccessful. Rest all the tests are normal. Kindly advice what is the other option for us ? I donot want to opt again for harmonal injections everyday. So kindly advice what are the other options?
Posted Wed, 6 Jun 2012 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 53 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.
I understand your stress of not having a child even after five years of marriage.
My sincerest advice to you is not to loose hope and keep trying for it.
There are different procedures and methods for infertility treatment like
IVF
IUI
ICSI
IMSI
IVM
IVM is supposed to be the latest and you have already tried it.
My sincerest advice to you is not to loose hope and heart as all these artificial methods do not necessary become successful in first go.
Some times you have to try 3 or 4 times to attain the success.
You must visit a fertility specialist and try for IVM again or you can discuss about the possibility of other methods.
Since the age is on your side,you must consider an option by talking to your specialist as so many things have to be seen before zeroing onto an option.
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any other query.
Wishing you best of luck
Thanks

Follow-up: Have PCOD. Trying to conceive. Unsuccessful IVM. What are the other options? 9 minutes later
Thanks for your advice. one more issue is my maternal side there is a genetic hereditary disese by name SCA 3. So im just a little worried that i may also be one of the victim of SCA3. so Im not sure incase i get that problem and incase i later give birth my kid may also inherit the same. So im also thinking to go for adaoption to avoid future risks. In such a case plz guide me if my options are correct, or what else can be done regarding the same.

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 7 hours later
Hello
Diagnosis of SCA3 rests on molecular genetic testing.If you are scared of getting Sca3 then you can go for molecular genetic testing
 SCA3 is inherited in an autosomal dominant manner. Offspring of affected individuals have a 50% chance of inheriting the mutation. Prenatal testing is possible for pregnancies at increased risk if the diagnosis has been confirmed in an affected family member.
I think you should not hesitate in going for your own child if you can clear yourself by molecular genetic testing and if you get pregnant then you can get prenatal testing of your child for SCA3.
Thanks and best of luck.

Follow-up: Have PCOD. Trying to conceive. Unsuccessful IVM. What are the other options? 16 hours later
Thanks for your advice. But can you just let me know in which Hospitals in India , esp in Bangalore they do Genetic molecular testing? If I could get to know this then it should be of great help.

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Hello
Contact genetic department of any big hospital and enquire about it.
Had I known it,I would have helped you.
Thanks