Have LLQ pain. CT scan showed cortal cyst 5.9. Any thoughts?

i have LLQ pain had a CT and found a cortal cyst 5.9 in the mid-pole of L kidney 2010. Nothing was done. I currently have LLQ pain and had a new CT scan. Was given 500mg. of Keflex qid. Nothing has changed ? Any thoughts? I also have a multi-ocular 3.6 cm cyst posterior segment of the right lobe of the liver. I am not a drinker.
Posted Sat, 13 Oct 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Thanks for the query

The cysts that often occur in kidneys are simple cyst and are benign and mostly occurs in patient over age of 70 and is said to be associated with hypertension. They are usually asymptomatic and therefore not treated but often they causes symptoms like pain due to compression the tissue and fever with chill when gets infected. they can also rupture and may cause bleeding.
your doctor have prescribed you an antibiotic in a thought whether the cyst may infected and causing pain but this antibiotic will not cure the cyst. If the cyst is causing enough problem that require treatment then the treatment option is aspiration of the cyst by a needle. for pain you can use meloxicam or peroxicam.

If you still have some queries, feel free to ask. It will be my pleasure to help you out.