Have Hypokalnemic Periodic Paralysis. Related to heart failure?

I have a rare diease known as Hypokalnemic Periodic Paralysis, I am in battle with the VA to show there is a link between HKKP and heart failure. Can you help me out on this issue?
Posted Sun, 13 Oct 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Rarely identified

Detailed Answer:

Since you are aware of the rarity of this disease most cardiologist did not accept the query on this forum for this long. You should have contacted the same cardiologist or the team who treated you in 1987 when you were revived.

The fact that there are cardiac arrest reported because of low potassium but the failure was rarely reported. There is certainly some amount of distress on the heart it would added up by respiratory muscle paralysis causing arrest.

The last paragraph in this link (authorised website) may be of some use to you.
WWW.WWWW.WW . When there is distress there can be ischemia and when the heart muscle is not able to function properly because of reduced blood supply it causes failure.