Have GERD. Taking medicine, having burning sensations at the back and in hand. Suggest treatment for gastritis?

Hi, I have GERD problem. Taking some medicines after consulting the specialist at Fortis Hospital. Now having some buring sensations(mild pain) in the upper back/lower back or in some other part (e.g hand )of the body. I doubt its becasue of the Gas. Could you please advise.Also what is the permanent solution to get rid of the gastritis problem.
Posted Sat, 22 Jun 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 12 hours later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you.

The burning pain in the upper/lower back and hand are not due to gas. They could be nerve pain and so if persistent get it evaluated.

Gastritis is not due to a single cause. Many reasons including H.pylori infection, painkiller medication, smoking, alcohol intake etc can cause gastritis. All these causative factors should be eliminated/treated for relief from gastritis and prevent its recurrence.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini