Have G6PD deficiency, advised Mutant mass protein powder. Should I take it?

I am a 25 yo male, 60Kg with G6PD deficiency. I started going to the gym recently. and my trainer advised me to use a product called "Mutant Mass" which is a protein powder for gaining weight. I noticed that it contains "Soy lecithin" and "Soy Fiber". is that ok? or should I avoid taking it?
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 35 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.
 G6PD is Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase Deficiency. It is a condition inherited and passed on through the X chromosome and is said to be a common deficiency of human enzyme. This deficiency causes red blood cells not to function normally. It may result to hemolytic anemia if the person is exposed to certain medicines, food or even infections.
Soya or Soy is an additive to some common food that we eat, including ice cream, burgers, pizzas, chocolate, doughnuts and other food products. It may go by different names but it is definitely one of those food or food additives that should be avoided if one has G6PD.
You should avoid taking this product named as MUTANT MASS.
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any further query.
Thanks and best of luck.