Have Epigastric pain. Headaches and breathing difficulty. Active and with good appetite. GERD till 5

10 yr old Epigastric pain 17 days worsens on empty stomach. H pillory neg in stool but poss in blood. Headaches almost everyday 6 mom. Last 2 days complains cannot take deep breath. All other lab work wnl. Active and with good appetite. No other gi symptoms. Gerd until age 5 with PPI and neg EGD at Ge 3. No other med history.
Posted Sun, 27 Oct 2013 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Detailed answer given below

Detailed Answer:
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you.

Epigastric pain that worsens on empty stomach may indicate peptic ulcer disease. Though H.pylori which is negative is the most common cause, there are other causes as well.
I would suggest another course of PPI ( for about 4 weeks).
She should avoid painkiller medications.

Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini