Have Crohn's disease. Took laxatives for constipation. Having cramps, reddish stool and pain around the belly button

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I have Crohns and have beenconstipated lately. Last night I took some laxatives but they havent heloed. I did wake up last night with cramps and stomach pain. I just forced myself to poop and there was what I think was alot of bright red bloid on,the toilet paper. My stomach has a lot of pain around the belly button. Im really scared. Should I be?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Chron's Disease
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 8 hours later

Thanks for posting your query

As you said you are a patient of Crohns

Your intestinal mucosa is inflammed so if you have forced to poop along with laxtive there are chances you have injured your mucosa and have resulted in to bleeding

The pain is due to inflammation and injury

You need to take lot of fibre, antiinflammatory and a GI specific antibiotic like rifaximin for seven days

Hope this helps
Am available for followup queries

If no more doubts accept this reply and rate it
Get well soon