Have Barrett's esophagus, gastric erosion, gastric nodule in fundus. Biopsy negative. Why is it negative after a year?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Hi. I've been experiencing digestive problems for a couple of years and I have a great doctor. I'm more worried about the interpretation of others for labs and imaging more than anything. So I was diagnosed with Barrett's Esophagus a year ago via endoscopy. Follow up exam 1 year later observed gastric erosion, a grayish singular gastric nodule in the fundus, and again the BE. Biopsies all came back negative, even for BE. So of course I'm confused about that and question all the biopsy results. Then I was sent in for an abdominal ultrasound followed by a contrast CT. Received the results for ultrasound but not for the CT. So far everything is negative (CT results still outstanding, of course). I guess my questions are regarding the BE and recent CT and ultrasound - 1) BE: Why would it be positive for BE abnormal columnar cells and negative a year later? 2) What is the likelihood that the CT scan would show any abnormalities if the same doctor is evaluating both the ultrasound and CT images? Is it possible for the CT to come back positive and the US be negative?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 12 hours later

Thanks for posing your

Here is the response to your queries

It is usually seen that BE does not heal completely ,the treatment is good enough to prevent further damage,so either of your report is doubtful

From our point of view endoscopy and biopsy are more reliable than CT and US

In any case if the CT is positive a US in expert hands will also be positive

Hope this helps
Am available for any followup queries
If there are no further doubts, do accept my reply and rate it

Get Well Soon