Have Acidity problem. Tried english and ayurvedic medicine. Suggest?

It is caused due to Empty stomach, Curd, Banana, lemon
Both English & Ayruvedic Medicines have been tried
Posted Tue, 1 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
changes in diet and lifestyle required

Detailed Answer:

Acidity or Gastritis is a disease of lifestyle. It would not go away easily. It requires treatment for a minimum of 6 weeks along with changes in diet and lifestyle.

Yes, empty stomach, curd, Banana, lemon can all cause acidity. You need to avoid these. Also, you must know when to eat what to prevent the gastritis. Eg: You can eat banana after food without any harm. You should not take curd and lemon on empty stomach. You can take butter milk on empty stomach. You should never fast overnight i.e. never leave your stomach empty.

Together with these, there are lifestyle changes such as avoiding smoking and alcohol consumption, staying away from stress as much as possible.

Consume more of fruits and vegetable salads.

I am sorry; I am unaware of Ayurvedic medicines. But, in English medicine, we have drugs like Pantoprazole and Omeprazole, which when taken for 6 weeks cures the gastritis problem. But again, lifestyle changes are required to prevent recurrence of the same.

I hope this is clear to you. Let me know if you have more queries. I would be happy to help you.