Have 80 % diffuse blockage of LAD. Not ideal for either stent placement or bypass. Any option?

I have an 80 % diffuse blockage of my LAD. My physician states that is it not ideal for either stent placement or bypass. My current plan is cardiac rehab to try to build collateral circulation. Do I have other options?
Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 1 hour later

As you have 80 percent diffuse block of single vessel (LAD) the treatment suggested by your treating doctor. You do not need bypass surgery and you are not eligible for stenting. Therefore you need to continue regular medication and cardiac rehabilitation.

My explanation is as below,
If all the three vessels of the heart are involved , then she would be eligible for CABG (coronary artery bypass grafting) or at least two vessels should be involved as a criteria . But in your case only one vessel is involved. And generally for single vessel disease with 80% of blockade stenting will be the best method of treatment,but in your case the involved vessel (LAD) is diffuse . So its not possible to put a stent also.

Let me know if you need clarifications.