Have 3 degenerative disks that are causing to go numb. Did not go for surgery in the neck. What to do?

Nov 2013

ing well!...thanks for asking, they want to do some kind of surgery on my neck, should have been done Friday, but I backed out...I have 3 degenerative disks that are causing me to go numb. I an tired of dr's visits and the whole deal..trying to get my things in order! /

Please view the previous question answered with the link below.

Posted Sun, 17 Nov 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Is it possible to upload the MRI report?

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for getting back.

I can understand your discomfort on account of your symptoms and multiple doctor visits.

Is it possible to upload your MRI report here, so that I can give you a better answer regarding what can be done to make you better.

Surgery is only required in a few cases, and most cases of degenerative discs can be managed with medications and physiotherapy.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you require any additional information.

Wishing you good health,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: