Have 2 large bump resembling spider bites under arm pit. Feel painful. Treatment?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I have 2 large bump resembling spider bites under my arm pit, they are very painful, and suggestions how to treat this
Posted Fri, 25 Oct 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It could be Boil.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have two red bumps under your armpit.

Most likely this could be Staphylococcal infection of the hair follicle ( Boil) which is very common to occur at this site due to sweating..

Please take broad spectrum antibiotics along with anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily .

Observe proper personal hygiene by cleaning armpit with warm water twice daily.

I think it should get cured within a week.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Have 2 large bump resembling spider bites under arm pit. Feel painful. Treatment? 3 hours later
I have antibiotic anti inflamatories that I took 1 month ago for my finger that was infected, could I use this medicine for this as well,

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Tes You can use .

Detailed Answer:
hello
Thanks for follow up.You can use the antibiotic and anti inflammatory medication that you have with you.
hanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.