Has slightly low neutrophil count in CBC. Should I be concerned?

I just received my CBC and everything came back within normal limits except my neutrophil lever was slightly decreased. No other WBC components were low. Any cause of this? Thanks!
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Prasad 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: A slightly low neutrophil has no real significance Detailed Answer: Hi, A slightly low neutrophil count is not significant when all other WBC count parameters are in range; especially when you are asymptomatic. Often we see this reduction during acute viral illness. It gets rectified as the infection resolves. So you need not be worried if you are asymptomatic. I hope your doctor's agree with me. Feel free to post for clarifications if your doctors feel otherwise. Regards