Has hard bone like lump on the top of head. No trauma. What could it be?

Woke up with a hard bone like lump on the top of my head. Wasn't there yesterday.There was no trauma.
Posted Sun, 29 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for this query.

Sorry to hear about this bone like lump on your head.

Because you just noticed it without any history of trauma, no pains and no fever, I will suggest that you monitor this further. If any symptoms should develop, report them and seek for medical advice.

For now, I will advice that you treat it as an incidental finding. If we get more concerning features and symptoms in future, we shall re-evaluate. For now, Stay calm.
You may also consider uploading a picture for more insight into this.

I hope this relieves you of your worries and provides guidance. I wish you good health. Thanks for this opportunity to address your health query today.
Please, feel free to ask follow up questions if need be.

Dr. Ditah, MD