Has got some boils on legs. How to get rid of this?

Hello Doctor,
My husband has got some boils on his legs. I have the pics of the same. I dont know the reason so tensed.
Please help,
Thanks & Regards,
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 14 minutes later
Hello XXXXX,
Welcome to healthcare magic
Saw the pictures, unfortunately they are of poor quality. Can you send some more with better quality/resolution.
Is the boil there on both the legs ?
How many days it has been there ?
How did it start ?
Is it painful or associated with burning sensation or itching ?
Did any insect like a beetle come in contact with skin ?
Did any chemical fall on his feet ?

Kindly get back with above details.
Follow-up: Has got some boils on legs. How to get rid of this? 25 minutes later
Hello Doc,
Yeah doctor boils are on both the legs below knee. It started with a red rash & then developed into a boil with a pus like thing.3days back he got the rash. As of now there are 3 to 4 boils in each leg. no burning sensation. no chemical
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 37 minutes later
Welcome back XXXXX,

It is a furuncle ( infection of hair follicle). He needs a course of oral antibiotics and topical antibiotic cream. Tablet Augmentin 625 mg three times a day for 5 days is ideal. Also apply Mupirocin 2% cream ( T-Bact cream) three times a day. Kindly get these prescribed by your primary care physician. It should heal in 5 to 7 days time.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any clarifications I will be happy to help. Wish you and your family good health.
Follow-up: Has got some boils on legs. How to get rid of this? 1 hour later
Thank you doctor.At times itching but not terribly itching.

Thanks & Regards,
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 7 minutes later
Itching could be the reason for the infection of hair follicle as scratching introduces infection.
Furuncle will subside in a week's time. If he develops anything else you may get back to me.