Has cold clammy skin and excessive sweating. Underlying cause?

My wife has cold clammy skin and excessive sweating.
Posted Tue, 6 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Omer 1 hour later

I am Dr.Omer and I am here to help you with your query.

As you have said that your wife has cold and calmy skin with excessive sweating.

Follwing are the plausible causes in a female of 66 years old.

HOT FLUSHES are very cmmon in post menopausal females , this can start any time , during the menopause or dont occur at all , in this a female suddenly become hot , then suddenly cools down the temperature with excessive sweating , basically the thermostat of the body gets jammed due to low estrogens . Hot flushes can occur any time , but mostly occur at night , triggering agents are heaters , airconditioners , perfumes , food ( chilly+salty) etc.Treatment is venlafaxine and vitamin E.

Other cause can be hypothyroidism , so get a thyroid profile test , because hot flushes are aggravated by hypothyroidism.

I would recommend you to visit your doctor , for the necessary tests and treatment i told you , can can examine the lymph nodes on the body to rule out any lymphoma.

Nothing to worry about just follow what i said.

Hope this helps.