Has been having problems with ear. Took a course of antibiotics. Not cured. What to do?

ENT Specialist
hi my partner has been having problems with his ear for about 4 months, weve been to the emergency 6 times in the last month because he has had grass/grass seeds and bugs (ants,cockroches,spiders,earwigs,fruit flys,and the little bugs that you get swinmming in your pool) but every time we got to the doctor ing incure say is that they cant see any thing and give us a course of antibiotics .i know the bugs are coming out form his ears because i have to pull them from his head, they come out stangly bent/curved like a hook almost,plus there flat no more tham 3ml width and are unable to walk as well..... are you able to help me with a treatment or way to get the doctors to listen to us.a response wold be greatly appreciated. thank you kindly
Posted Fri, 5 Apr 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query.

I have gone through your query regarding pecurrent insect in the ear of your partener and observation of your doctor.Here first of all I would like to tell you that our external ear canal is consist of a tubular structure and is closed from inner end.Thus if any thing goes inside that will be easily visible. Secondarly skin of our ear canal is very sensitive and if any thing gets enter it , a sleeping fellow wakes up.

Considering these facts it is not possible that the insects you have named may reside in ear, however it is possible that accidentaly any of above insect may get in but they can't reside there.

The Maggots of tsetse fly have been reported in ear canal of those patients who have continous ear discharge for so many years.

therefore i would like to say you are little bit confussed and your trearting doctor is saying correct.

with regards