Has COPD. Have laparoscopic surgery for colon cancer. Taking Nexium and Zoloft. Could it be Ulcer?

My husband has COPD. That is under control but he gets up sick to his stomach every morning like it's the flu or that type of feeling. He's 84, did have laproscopic surgery for colon cancer 2 years ago but came out of that cancer free.
He's taking Nexium, Zoloft and vitamins. He doesn't walk too much as he doesn't feel good. Does go outside in the sun. Could he have an ulcer? Not a bleeding one but maybe somewhere in his stomach. Thanks XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 4 Jun 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 43 minutes later

Based on the symptoms your husband has, I do not suspect him to have an Ulcer but a milder form of gastritis due to acidity could be in place.

The better way to ascertain the presence of an ulcer is by getting an Endoscopy done. Anyway he is already on a potent antacid like Nexium, let him continue onto that, his symptoms will soon come to an end.

Hope I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.