Hard lump on calf near to muscle. Taking cozar. EKG, kidney scan normal. How to remove this?

Feb 2013

My son has a hard lump on his calf near the muscle. It doesn't move, and feels like round bone. It hurts to rub it. He has had it for about two weeks. Yesterday, it seems to have gotten a bit smaller. Around the same time (two weeks ago), my other son and he were wrestling. The other son kicked him in the leg pretty hard. The lump is not soft, it is hard. It does not move. It does not cause pain, except when he rubs it. His blood pressure tends to run about 135/87, so our family doc put him on cozar 25 mg. he has had a clear heart echo, clear EKG, and clear kidney scan. The lump is what I am concerned about. Thank you
Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 20 minutes later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic,

The lump in calf near to muscle is due to formation of hematoma in the muscle.

As there is trauma in the form of hard kicking on leg 2 weeks back, there might be bleeding into muscle and hematoma formed in the muscle .

As the blood organizes, it will get calcified and becomes hard.

Nothing to worry as its size is decreasing.

It decreases slowly in size.

But if the lump is increasing in size, or causing pain you can consult his Physician for examination and advise.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.