Hard lump between ribs that is tender to touch. Any ideas ?

hi I've noticed a hard lump between my ribs. It doesn't hurt but kind of tender to touch. I've only noticed it last month or so.
Posted Sat, 23 Jun 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 6 hours later
Thanks for consulting us.
Any lump that is present for one month needs investigation. It may represent a local skin lesion or may be a sign of some systemic disease.
I suggest you should see a General Surgeon as they are considered to be expert people to diagnose such lumps. Please note that, I did not mean to say that you are going to need a Surgery but doctor may take a sample of your lump by a syringe to confirm his/her clinical diagnosis & to give you appropriate management advise.
Hope this answers your query. Please feel free to write back if you have any other concerns.
Wish you good health.