Hard lump above collarbone, not painful, lump in vagina, not sore. What are they?

Question
I'm 26 years old with 3 children. I also had a molar pregnancy. I have a large Oval shaped hard lump just above my collarbone.its not painful. I also have a smaller hard lump which is round, about the size of a large pea on the lip of my vagina. They are not sore and my health is in good condition. What are they?
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 22 minutes later
A large oval shaped hard lump just above your collar bone is most likely to be an enlarged lymph node. For this, a FNAB (fine needle aspiration biopsy) of the lymph nodes and swollen glands is the best test. FNAB is aspiration of the material of the glands which is done by a fine gauge needle (22 or 25 gauge) and a syringe. This will confirm the diagnosis as swollen neck glands are often caused by an infection, allergic reactions, cancer or metabolic diseases.
The pea sized lump on the labia can be due to a bartholin's cyst, folliculitis, sebaceous cyst, etc. It is not likely to be related to the neck swelling.
An examination by a gynecologist will help in confirmation of diagnosis.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.

Follow-up: Hard lump above collarbone, not painful, lump in vagina, not sore. What are they? 2 days later
My blood tests showed clear results. I now have to go for a scan. Could it be cancer or something else equally bad?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Hello.

Thanks for writing again.

Without a scan and biopsy it is too difficult to comment on the cause of the swelling.

Do not worry. Go for with the detailed investigations as advised by your physician.

Hope my answer is helpful. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wishing you a trouble free speedy recovery.

Regards.