Had vomiting. Drank Lizol accidently. Took honey, butter and cold milk. Feeling sleepy. What can I do?

hi , my brother drank ,a some lizol almost 2 hours ago, he have vomitted lot, i gave him, honey ,ghee and butter , cold mik, now he says he is fine and want to sleep, he is walking by his own, n tryin to sleep, please suggest what all can i do
Posted Fri, 19 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 9 minutes later

Lizol contains cresols with active ingredient being benzalkonium chloride. These are strong acids that damage the lining of the food pipe and stomach. They burn the lining leading to bleeding of the gut.

The severity of damage depends on the amount of liquid swallowed and symptoms that appeared. It looks like your brother is fine now.

Just keep a watch on his breathing, check if the vomitus has blood or blood in the stool. If he has difficulty breathing or has blood oozing, please take the nearest emergency. Also please do not give water or milk if he is having symptoms further symptoms such as vomiting, convulsions, or a decreased level of alertness, rush to Emergency.

However it is prudent to get a general examination by regular physician tomorrow even if nothing happens till morning.
Follow-up: Had vomiting. Drank Lizol accidently. Took honey, butter and cold milk. Feeling sleepy. What can I do? 6 minutes later
thank you doctor, he is trying to sleep ,he says he is not having any breathing problem and the vomitus didnt had any blood, only his stomach is burning.neither he is getting any vomiting tendency now.i il surely take him to a doctor in the morning, he hadnt taken any food since evening 6 o clock.i tried to give him a chapati but he refuses .is there anything i can do to prevent his stomach burning. i gave him a half glass cold milk about an hour ago, please advice what all shall i do till morning.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 4 hours later
I think he is doing well. Do not feed him.

Let him while away till you XXXXXXX the doctor. You can give him cold milk.

It does not seem to be serious situation now.