Ask a Urologist   »  

Had urine inspection test. What are the findings?

Dear Dr. Thanks for your help and caring people like your family members.
Last week I had Urine inspection test. Results are 1) Red blood cells 4-5 HPF 2) Epithelial cells 2-4 HPF 3) PUS cells 6-8. Last year also, I had same results. Other all lipid profile and kidney functions etc are OK. Pl.suggest what to do. Apart from above, the following tests are done. Complete blood analysis. Result is OK. Sugar test results are OK. BP 140/90. Stamlo tablet using 2.5 mg tablet daily once. Liver functioin results OK except one parameter total Bilrubin 1.5 mg/dl. Daily jagging and yoga doing.
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Almost normal.

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into the reports you have sent your urine examination shows pus cells and RBC positive . This cannot be ignored .

I would advise you to repeat a sample after 1 week . If the results are similar needs further investigation .

A ultrasound prostate to rule out benign hypertrophy of prostate is advisable . This condition can also present in same features in urine examination . A urine culture sensitivity is also needed.

I advise you to consult a urologist for detailed examination to look if there is enlargement of prostate .

Dr. Shruti