Had unprotected sex who is not virgin. Can I have STD if I will have intercourse with another man?

Question
I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend hes not a virgin and now if I have sex with another man can I catch STD
Posted Thu, 23 May 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later

Thanks for writing your query to us.

The chances of sexually transmitted disease are very high with unprotected sex. You should always use a Barrier contraceptive like condom because only a condom may protect you from sexually transmitted disease.

Changing partner may make you more vulnerable to sexually transmitted disease so multiple partner is not a good option.

You should always know the status of your partner before sex because sexually transmitted disease may be harmful to you.

You may be prone to HIV also when you are not using a condom. So always do safe sex.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Dr.Richa

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex who is not virgin. Can I have STD if I will have intercourse with another man? 2 hours later
Ive only had one partner but if I have unprotected sex with another man am I likely to have STD and if th the other man isnt a virgin are they high chances of me catching something?

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 12 minutes later
Hi Rummy,

Yes , if you had unprotected sex with another man, there are chances of getting infected. If the other man has had previous sexual encounters it is likely that he may be carrying an infection which can spread to you.

Therefore I say chances of infection is more when you change partners.

Hope I have answered your query.If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.