Had unprotected sex, using Novelon and had white discharge. Having headache and breast tenderness. Pregnant?

on 24th july i and my partner had unprotected sex first time. i am using NOVELON- the birth control pill since 5 months regularly. i am supposed to have my next period on 2nd august 2013. i had vaginal white discharge throughout the next day after having sex. yesterday i was having headache, my breasts are tender there any chance of pregnancy? if i am using novelon still there is ovulation between my two periods?
Posted Sun, 18 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 4 minutes later

I have read your query with diligence.

The chances of you getting pregnant are highly unlikely. It is possible in a remote 1 to 2 % cases when the Novelon fails to act.

Be rest assured that you are not pregnant and wait for your periods to occur normally.

You would not ovulate while on Novelon.

Practice safe sex; use condoms.

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex, using Novelon and had white discharge. Having headache and breast tenderness. Pregnant? 32 minutes later
We are likely to XXXXXXX on 17th of august. we are supposed to have sex badly.... as its our anniversary.. we are planning to have some beer to highten our moods. what else can we practise for that? for good lubrication what should we use? any water based , oil based lubricant? which one is the best one?

and yeh.. when we had sex lastly i.e. for the very first time, his penis head got swollen till 6 hours, had pain when was being touched and did get red for next 12-15 hours after sex. my vagina was little bit dry. why did it happen?

and what are the reasons for my headache, vaginal white discharge and weakness?

should i use i-pill on 18th aug after sex even after i will be on novelon?
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 20 hours later

Having beer or any kind of intoxicants would only dampen your spirits and desires. You would feel drowsy sooner. Try to keep it as natural as possible. Take a good fresh bath and decorate your room accordingly. Fresh aroma in the place could be amazing. Use a good scented candle in your room.

You could have beer but limit it to 2 drinks.

You could use oil-based lubricant. K Y Jelly is good and available over the counter in the pharmacy.

Was it the first time for your boyfriend as well? If so, these symptoms are normal. If not, he probably needs to get checked for a possible STI (Sexually Transmitted Infection).

The reason for your symptoms could be attributed to Novelon use partly. It could be due to stress as well. It is normal to have some vaginal discharge in women.

You need not use I pill on 18th Aug if you are on Novelon.

It is better to have protected sexual intercourse in view of the STIs.
Follow-up: Had unprotected sex, using Novelon and had white discharge. Having headache and breast tenderness. Pregnant? 2 hours later
THANKYOU doctor.. yes it was his first time and mine too.. if we use KY Jelly, is there any chance of infection in my vagina? or provide the name of some water based lubricant. and please provide a name of abortion pill too. so that i can have it if needed.. and THANKS again
and also tell how to use it. what are the early pregnancy symptoms within a week? if on my first week of pregnancy i am on novelon how will it affect? and what are the natural ways for abortion within the 1-2 week of pregnancy?
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 4 hours later

KY Jelly is widely used as lubricant. It does not cause an infection in the vagina. You could use it safely.

Some of the water-based lubricants are x-feel aqua and Astroglide water based gels for lubrication. You could try these too.

There are many abortion pills available in the market. One such is MTP kit by Cipla. This is a prescription drug. You prescribe the actual dose and instruct you about how to take the medicine as well.

Early pregnancy symptoms are breast tenderness and heaviness, and early morning vomiting.

You cannot get pregnant if you are Novelon. If by chance you get pregnant, the pregnancy would not be viable mostly.

The only natural way to abort is spontaneous abortion wherein the foetus undergoes demise by itself inside the uterus due to various reasons, and you may start bleeding spontaneously.

I hope this helps you. Good luck and good health to you.