Had unprotected sex, now pregnant. Have mouth ulcer, swollen lymph node. Worried about HIV infection

I am worried about HIV. 3 weeks ago I had unprotected sex. I am now pregnant, I am due for a termination next week. I feel fine however I have 2 mouth ulcers (I have had these in past) and I can feel a swollen lymph node on one side of my jaw, it's not that big and It is not painful. Should I be worried about possible HIV infection? I will go and get tested, but I know I have to wait. I got tested last week for other stds and these came back negative, so I know it's not that. Do these swollen glands and mouth ulcers normally accomapany a fever and other flu symptoms?
Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 3 hours later
Hi there, thanks for asking. The chance for the HIV virus transmission with every vaginal intercourse is about 0.2 percent (if the intercourse has been unprotected). Therefore, there is no reason to worry about one or two unprotected intercourse. However, the chance is increased if somebody has other sexual transmitted diseases. Swollen glands are part of the initial symptoms like flu symptoms as you mentioned, although they happen due to other infections most of the time. Mouth ulcers could be related to aphthous lesions which could be related to stress experienced and also they are more commonly seen during pregnancy. I think the best thing is not to worry and wait for the result of the test. let me know if you have any other question. I wish you a god health.