Ask a Urologist   »  

Had unprotected sex, noticed small red bumps on penis when squeezed. Used Canesten but no help. STD?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
Hello and thank you for your willingness to help.

I am a male, 30 years old, i have noticed small red bumps on my glans penis ( have had unprotected XXXXXXX sex 3 weeks ago) , they can be seen only when penis is squeezed
2 weeks ago i visited GUM clinic and doctor said it's nothing to be worried about and in his opinion its not STD however i was not tested on it
i was told to use canesten hc cream but it has not change anyhting
do not suffer from any pain but sometimes there is a feeling of penis discharge when i am in loo

i am really concern its something serious such as chlamydia / syphilis

please advice?

Posted Sat, 5 Oct 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is likely to be Ballanitis

Detailed Answer:

Based on the facts and photographs that you have posted it appears that you have acquired bacterial infection of the glans penis Ballanitis due to unprotected oral sex.

Since saliva contains many bacterial species Oral sex is a common way to transmit the bacterial infection from an individual’s mouth to the genital tract of a partner.

Since you do not have itching,burning urination and pus discharge after sex it is most unlikely to be STD.

Please take broad spectrum antibiotics along with anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily and topical antibiotic ointment like Neosporin for local application over glans penis.

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to clean your genitals with warm water twice daily.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you
Dr.Patil.