Had unprotected sex, ejaculated. What are the chances of pregnancy? Advise birth control

Question
Hi I am newly married.My wife and i decided not to have baby for atleast 2 years.But we had unprotected sex and injected sperm twice successive days..What are the chances for pregnancy? what we have to do now to abort? please adivse best birth control method...Thanks
Posted Thu, 27 Sep 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth

Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 32 minutes later
Hi.
You have unprotected sexual intercourse so you have very high chance of getting pregnant. I can tell you the chances if you let me know when did your wife have her last period and when did you have intercourse. I would also like to know the duration of her cycles, whether they are regular or not.
The pregnancy can be confirmed by a urine pregnancy test only after 1 week after missed period.

Abortion can be done by medical (only by drugs) or surgical (by dilatation and evacuation). As of now, do not consider these options since they are to be done only under the physical supervision of a physician. Do not attempt the medical ways on your own, as it can severe bleeding which can be extremely harmful for your wife.
There is large number of family planning methods. Every method has their own advantages and disadvantages and no methods are best. In case of early married couple if your wife doesn’t have any heart disease, liver disorder, migraine, undiagnosed vaginal bleeding and estrogen dependent tumor in the body then best ways are oral contraceptive pills. Condoms are also a good method to use. An examination and a complete history is needed before a contraceptive pill is started. Please see a gynaecologist for that. Till then, you can consider using condoms.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Best Wishes,
Dr Sourav Ganguly

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex, ejaculated. What are the chances of pregnancy? Advise birth control 20 minutes later
Regular cycle 20 - 20 of every month.last month my wife took Norlut tablet to defer period citing marriage ..married on 20th aug..otherwise period is normal/regular.

Last period : 25th Aug
Had sex :: 3rd & 4th sept

Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 1 hour later
Hi.
Since you had sexual intercourse in the relatively safer period, the chances of pregnancy are relatively less. However, if your wife misses her period, please get a urine pregnancy test done.
Please follow my previous advice step by step.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer and write a review.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

Best Wishes,
Dr Sourav Ganguly

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex, ejaculated. What are the chances of pregnancy? Advise birth control 34 hours later
Thank you Dr.

Have few questions to know more about Sex & abortion.

1) Could you please brief relation b/w sex & period(before,during,after) and baby formation?
2) Would there be any side effects in case we go for abortion? In case of abortion,what are the chances of getting pregnancy in the future?
i think until 6 months abortion is preferred and not after 6 months..is it correct ?
3) Will the desire for sex reduce post abortion?
4) I am planning to do circumcision since i feel pain during sex.Is doing circumcision good for health ?
5) how to increase sexual desire? any tablets will help...viagara??
6) different types of condoms available in market..lubricant/non lubricant/latex..confused on which one to buy..please share the differences among each one..

Thanks in Advance.

Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 12 hours later

Thanks again for following up.

You seem to have lot of questions. I think you will benefit from sex education programme.

Now, to answer your question:

1. When unprotected sexual intercourse occur in unsafe period of a fertile woman there is high chance become pregnant. Unsafe period is usually between 8-18 days of her menstrual cycle (1st day is calculated from the first day of menstrual bleeding) if her periods are regular and happening once a month.
2. If abortion done in expert hand then chance of side effect in post-operative period and problem during next pregnancy are relatively absent. Though there are chances of miscarriage in the next pregnancy but the percentage is low - between 3.8 -7%.
As per the law of the state, it can be done safely till 12 weeks. This period can be extended up to 20 weeks or 5 months if any contraindication to continue pregnancy is found on ultrasound scan.

3. Abortion has no effects on libido (sexual desire)

4. Circumcision is not an essential procedure for good health. It just smoothen your sexual performances by reducing pain.

5. Viagra prolongs penile erection; but doesn't increase desire. If you have less desire consult a psychiatrist as you then need detailed evolution for the proper diagnosis.

6. Differences between them are the type of material used and presence of lubricating fluid. If you suffer with pain during intercourse, I think lubricant type would benefit you. Watch out for allergies though.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

Best Wishes,
Dr Sourav Ganguly